Transferring Course Credit

The Department of Political Science does not approve study abroad courses for transfer until students have completed the courses. Students, however, should seek pre-approval of their course before registration to ensure that the Department will approve the course for PLSC credit once they finish their study abroad.

To obtain pre-approval, students should email the Department chair with the syllabi of the courses for which they would like PLSC credit. If the courses are the equivalent of a political science course at the University of Richmond, the chair will email back with written pre-approval. Students should save this record of pre-approval until they have confirmation that the courses have transferred back.

Upon the completion of study abroad, students should complete the Study Abroad Course Approval Form, available on the Registrar’s Office website, and submit it for the appropriate signatures.